| View All

UK Dependent Visa

UK Dependent Visa (Spouse/Marriage, Fiancé & other categories) is for people from overseas can come to the United Kingdom as the partners, children and/or elderly dependent relatives of people who are already in the United Kingdom or are entering the UK under any of the visa categories.

Product Information :

Quick Enquiry

Tell A Friend
Buy Online

People from overseas can come to the United Kingdom as the partners, children and/or elderly dependent relatives of people who are already in the United Kingdom.

Dependents of UK Permanent Residents & Citizens can apply for Dependent Visa.

Eligible Dependents

  • Spouse
  • Fiancé(e),
  • Same-sex civil partners, proposed same-sex civil partners
  • Unmarried partners
  • Child
  • Sibling
  • Widowed parent and Grand parent aged 65 years and above
  • Parents or grand parents of whom at least one among them is aged 65years and above
  • If the parent of the applicant is aged 65 and above and is not able to take care of his/her spouse or children of the second marriage due to lack of financial support and applicant who is the citizen of the UK is able and agrees to sponsor them.
  • Parent or grandparent living alone and dependent on the applicant who is settled in Britain for his/her financial support.
  • The person who is related to applicant as Son, Daughter, Sister, Brother, Aunt or Uncle over the age of 18 and living alone in the most exceptional circumstances and mainly dependent financially on relatives settled in Britain.


  • Demonstrate that the person migrating is financially dependent on the relative who is a citizen of the UK
  • Demonstrate that the relative who is in the UK is able to financially support and accommodate himself and his/her dependents without having recourse to public Funds.
  • The dependent should not have any other relative in the UK to whom he/she can turn for financial support.


Dependents are given permission to enter and live in the UK and can stay for the same length of time as of the main applicant. Dependents have the same freedom to live and work in Britain without restriction and can undertake any kind of employment without any restriction.

The applicants can also apply for British Nationality once they have spent a continuous period of 5 years in the country. They should also have held permanent residence status for one year before the application is lodged and must meet with all other naturalization requirements.


The dependent visa holder is permitted to stay for indefinite period in the UK. The only condition is that he/she should not stay outside the UK for more than 2 years. This will result in loss of indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK.

Marriage / Spouse Visa

Foreign nationals who are already married to a British citizen or person who has settlement status in the UK can enter or remain in the UK on a Spouse/marriage visa. Applicants should apply for entry clearance, if applications are made outside the UK. For those inside the UK, an application for further leave to remain as a spouse should be made.

Dependents can take up any employment and there are no restrictions on the type of work that can be undertaken.

Eligibility Criteria

To apply for the spouse visa the following criteria should be met

  • You are married to or are the civil partner of a person who is present and settled in the United Kingdom;
  • You must be 21 years of age or over and the partner with settled status in the UK must be 21 years of age or over.
  • You are legally married to each other and the marriage is subsisting
  • You and your spouse intend to live together permanently as husband and wife
  • You have met each other
  • Both of you have adequate funds to be able to support yourselves as well as any dependants without claiming public funds.
  • Accommodation for yourselves, and any dependants, must be suitable and available.
  • You must now show that you can speak and understand English if you are a non-European migrant and you want to enter or extend your stay in the UK as the partner of a British citizen or a person settled here.
  • Your spouse/partner must have an income of at least £18,600.

If a person has more than one husband or wife, only one of them will be allowed to join them in the UK as their husband or wife under the UK marriage visa.

Spouses seeking to come to the UK on the basis of marriage to a UK national should apply for entry clearance before entering the UK. If the couple get married in the UK, it is permissible for the application to be lodged in the UK. If the application is made within the UK, then the person should have leave to remain in the UK on a visa category that was initially issued for a period of more than six months, at the time of making the application.

Duration of the Visa

Successful applicants are granted permission to stay and work in the UK initially for 2 years. At the end of the 2 year probationary period, a person can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) in the UK, if they are still married and living together.

Applicants may also be granted permanent stay in the country; this is usually applicable to a person who has been married and living abroad with their spouse for four years at the time the application is made for entry into the UK.

Children under the age of 18 will be granted entry to the UK as dependants and can make their application at the same time as the main applicant. After a total period of three years in UK and if they meet the residence requirements they can apply for British naturalization in order to remain in the country under a grant of UK citizenship.

Fiance / Fiance Visas

A UK Fiance/fiancee visa allows a person to bring their fiance/fiancee to live with them in the UK. The person should have a settled status in the UK and should be currently living in the UK or are returning to the UK with him/her to live permanently.

Eligibility Criteria

The following requirements must be fulfilled to apply for a fiance/fiancee visa –

  • You are seeking to enter the UK because of your relationship to a person who is present and settled in the UK
  • You and the sponsor are aged 18 and over
  • You plan to marry or register a civil partnership within 6 months
  • You and your fiance/fiancee intend to live together permanently after you are married or registered a civil partnership.
  • You have met your future spouse
  • You are seeking entry for marriage in the UK and not seeking entry as a married person
  • You and your fiance/e must show that there will be sufficient funds and accommodation in the UK without requiring public funds before and after the marriage.
  • Your fiance/e must have an income of at least £18,600.

Even if your fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner is a national of a country where there is normally no need for a visa to enter the United Kingdom, he/she must obtain permission to enter the United Kingdom before traveling. Applications should be made to the British Diplomatic post in the country the applicant resides in.

Duration of the visa

Fiances/fiancees will be given entry clearance for a 6-month period, for the purpose of traveling to the UK to get married. During this period they are not allowed to be employed and are prohibited from having access to public funds.

If there are exceptional reasons for delaying the marriage until after the initial six months, an extension to stay in the UK may be granted. However you need to demonstrate good reason as to why the marriage has not taken place and be able to show when the marriage will take place.

After you have married or registered a civil partnership, the applicant is eligible to apply to stay in the UK as a spouse. The applicant will then be entitled to a 2-year probationary period of leave. Once the fiance/fiancee visa has successfully been switched to a Marriage visa, the applicant will be able to start working in the UK.

After two years, if you are still married or in a civil partnership and plan to live together, your husband, wife or civil partner may apply to live permanently in the UK.

Visa Fee


Husband, wife or civil partner £851
Fiance(e) or proposed civil partner £851
Unmarried or same-sex partner £851
Armed forces dependent £810
Child (under 18) dependant £851
Adopted child dependant £851
Child coming to the UK for adoption £851
 Family life as a parent £851
Parent, grandparent or other dependant relative £1,906

Disclaimer: Visa fees are subjected to change without prior notice.

Price List, Fee Schedule and Refund Policy

Our service fee is Competitive & among the best you will find in the industry. At any given time, our state-of-the-art Processing Centre is processing over 5000 active cases from across the world. Our processes are standard & Process Consultants are the best in the world.

Our Prices are standard across all our offices. We guarantee that other than company offers & promotions, you will not be quoted a higher price & eventually pay a lower price. Prices are determined by the company & are fixed for all clients, offices & cases. You know you are paying the right price – the same as all our 10000+ clients around the world.

Please refer to our Price List & Fee Schedule


Please Note

We are not a placement agency, we are Overseas Career Consultants. We do not provide/guarantee/assure jobs, we do not arrange for any direct employment through employers. We use technology, resources and our internal expertise to market your resume to overseas employers on your behalf.

Tell A Friend
Buy Online